Teaching Malcolm X to Students Who Never Lived During His Time
Malcolm X (1925-1965) was an important U.S. spiritual, educational and political figure in the Mid-20th century.
His life and legacy has received significant national and international attention.
Malcolm X’s Spiritual, Social and Political work in the 1950’s-1960’s has been discussed in countless
Male Influences in Malcolm X’s Life
- Dr. Booker T. Washington, President Tuskegee University
- Hon. Marcus Garvey, President, Universal Negro Improvement Association
- Hon. Noble Drew Ali, Leader, Moorish Science Temple of America
- Hon. Elijah Muhammad, Leader, Nation of Islam
- Dr. John Henrik Clarke-Historian and Pan-Africanist
Female Influences in Malcolm X’s Life
- Louise Little – Mother
- Ella Collins – Sister
- Sis. Clara Muhammad – Hon. Elijah Muhammad’s wife
- Dr. Betty Saunders Shabazz – Malcolm X’s wife
- Brother Malcolm’s 6 daughters