Challenges of AI
Every technology disruption has a good and bad side.
The challenge is called “Bias in AI Systems”
- Any machine or computer created with AI is a product or representation of its code.
- This code is created by a human with feelings, biases, thoughts and prejudices.
- A programmer is building a model that differentiates between rabbits and squirrels, but the programmer didn’t like squirrels (thinking they are a nuisance). The programmer’s personal biases could affect the model’s functionality in many ways, like classifying squirrels as rabbits.
- Unconscious bias is an ingrained human trait that is difficult to teach to a machine. However, once programmed, it is what it is!
- The answer is…A demand to have more diversity in AI machine-learning (ML) and deep-learning (DL).